Monday, October 25, 2010

Birthday Wishes

I recently had a birthday. Though I packed my tiara away the second I turned 30, and I've inexplicably soured toward streamers, I found myself celebrating richly.

So much can be accounted for among those flickering candles; so much can be hoped for in their wisps of smoke. I held so many wishes in my heart for this new year that I heard them tumble over themselves as I blew. Who knows what the universe heard. Who knows what may be granted, what may be denied, what may be a surprise to me, a bungling of my heart cry or a wry game of the Fates. Who knows.

But I know I wish for more writing. For more friendships with writers. For more risk and strength and barbaric-yawp bravery. And I wish for health for my loved ones. And I wish for calm. And I wish, and I wish, and I wish . . .
And I wish to hear from you. :)



On my birthday, with my Snow child, looking forward to all good things together.

3 comments:

  1. Yay! You're back! I hate that I don't have your email and couldn't check in. Jason wasn't updating either so I was very worried. I have a shout out to you tomorrow so I hope that you have time to check my blog. In the meantime, I hope all your wishes come true this next year. You deserve them all! Look at that gorgeous little girl you have! So good to see your smiling face. I have truly missed you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I commented on your blog a couple of days ago. Did you see it? I feel like I'm shuffling out of sludge back into sunlight. I miss your sunlight! I look forward to keeping up with you and your insanely successful blog. :) Email? Facebook? Would you like to swap info? I'd be happy to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blogger ate my comment, I think!

    I saw your post and I was super excited! But I wasn't sure that you would come back to my blog so I didn't respond to it. Then my breath caught in my throat and I had to read the title of your blog post TWICE to be sure you had posted a new one! Let's chat! My email is jennveg@aol.com. I can hardly wait to hear from you! I'll look for you on Facebook as well.

    ReplyDelete